Subject: bug#70134: [PATCH] Show all date options when adding Gnus scores interactively

From: Alex Bochannek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 16:30:07 -0700

Jakub,

Jakub Ječmínek <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ping :).  Is there anything else that needs to be resolved before this is
> installed?  We can create different subtask for the bug that Alex pointed
> out.

I did some testing again and the functionality you describe works
perfectly fine. I still would prefer the bug I pointed out to be fixed
before merging.

My concern is that with the change applied, adding a new date-header
scoring rule interactively will rewrite some existing date rules in the
SCORE file. Expectedly not just entries created interactively, but any
entries in the list regardless of how they were created. In my testing,
I found this to be the case for all entries that are not using the new
match types for dates (i.e, for `before', `after', and `at', not for
`r', `<', or `>'.)

I am perfectly happy to be overruled, I just think it will be confusing
to the users. If however a patch for this is forthcoming quickly, I am
OK with merging it.

-- 
Alex.