Subject: [bug#70131] [PATCH 0/5] Update U-boot.

From: Herman Rimm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 09:28:39 +0200

Hello,

On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 01:26:01PM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> My summary of the situation so far...
> 
> On 2024-05-09, Herman Rimm wrote:
> > Herman Rimm (5):
> >   gnu: bootloader: Add nanopi-r4s-rk3399 bootloader.
> 
> Looks good, although is it useful without the follow-up patch? If not, I
> would squash the two in a single commit?

The bootloader with the DDR3 patch works, so it should also work without
the patch.  I believe the LPDDR4 version is more common because it has
OpenWRT support while the DDR3 version does not [1].  The LPDDR4 version
would not be useful to me, but in general it would be more useful.

> >   gnu: u-boot: Use DDR3 patch for Nano Pi R4S.
> 
> Question regarding the upstream status for this patch and including
> relevent descriptions about upstream status, origin, purporse, etc. in
> the .patch comments.

The patch is not submitted upstream or already present upstream.  I made
the patch for the DDR3 (as opposed to LPDDR4) variant of the Nano Pi
R4S.  I will write this in the patch comments as well.

Should there be bootloaders for both Nano Pi R4S variants?

> >   gnu: u-boot: Update to 2024.04.
> 
> Also able to confirm the upstream hashes, although at least two packages
> to fail to build, u-boot-sandbox and u-boot-rockpro64-rk3399. From the
> comments on the earlier series, I am guessing you were aware of this,
> but figured I'd mention which packages.

I will try getting u-boot-rockpro64-rk3399 to build.

Cheers,
Herman

[1]: https://openwrt.org/toh/friendlyarm/nanopi_r4s_v1