Subject: [bug#70131] [PATCH 0/5] Update U-boot.

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2024 13:26:01 -0700

My summary of the situation so far...

On 2024-05-09, Herman Rimm wrote:
> Herman Rimm (5):
>   gnu: bootloader: Add nanopi-r4s-rk3399 bootloader.

Looks good, although is it useful without the follow-up patch? If not, I
would squash the two in a single commit?

>   gnu: u-boot: Use DDR3 patch for Nano Pi R4S.

Question regarding the upstream status for this patch and including
relevent descriptions about upstream status, origin, purporse, etc. in
the .patch comments.

>   gnu: firmware: Update make-arm-trusted-firmware to 2.10.

I can confirm the upstream hashes on this and it builds.

I suspect this would be fine to merge as-is even without including the
other patches in the series, though I have not verified this as yet.

>   gnu: u-boot: Update to 2024.04.

Also able to confirm the upstream hashes, although at least two packages
to fail to build, u-boot-sandbox and u-boot-rockpro64-rk3399. From the
comments on the earlier series, I am guessing you were aware of this,
but figured I'd mention which packages.

This is probably due to trying to build without openssl, due to
(potential) license incompatibilities between openssl and GPL; this is
not well suppored upstream and we have been carrying patches for quite
some time about this...

>   gnu: bootloader: Add orangepi-zero2w bootloader.

Looks good.

For the most part, there are substitutes available from bordeaux, at
least for x86_64. I will also try to do some builds on aarch64.

live well,
  vagrant