Subject: bug#70128: Issue after upgrading ELPA-auctex 14.0.4

From: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 23:34:53 +0200

Il 18/04/2024 22:42, Arash Esbati ha scritto:
> Ikumi Keita  writes:
> 
>>>>>>> Angelo Graziosi writes:
>>
>>> It is the first time I hear this. I used my builds of AUCTeX for a
>>> long time when Emacs was 22 or 23 and never saw this kind of issues..
>>
>> AUCTeX changed its major mode names at version 14. The above entry warns
>> about incompatibility caused by that change.
>>
>>> If things are so, maybe it is better do not use AUCTeX at all... or not?
>>
>> I think you don't have to worry about that. In general, the major mode
>> names are unlikely to change easily. This update to version 14 is very
>> exceptional.
> 
> Is there anything we can do here about this or can we close this report?
> It is unfortune that Angelo went through this hassle, but ...

I had to recreate the desktop file to allow it works both with Emacs 29 
and master..

I think you can close this... thanks.

Ciao,
   Angelo.