Subject: bug#70128: Issue after upgrading ELPA-auctex 14.0.4

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:42:01 +0200

Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> It is the first time I hear this. I used my builds of AUCTeX for a
>> long time when Emacs was 22 or 23 and never saw this kind of issues..
>
> AUCTeX changed its major mode names at version 14. The above entry warns
> about incompatibility caused by that change.
>
>> If things are so, maybe it is better do not use AUCTeX at all... or not?
>
> I think you don't have to worry about that. In general, the major mode
> names are unlikely to change easily. This update to version 14 is very
> exceptional.

Is there anything we can do here about this or can we close this report?
It is unfortune that Angelo went through this hassle, but ...

Best, Arash