Subject: 29.3; ERC 5.6-git: /ignore timeouts are not cancelled/reset

From: Alcor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 20:05:26 +0200

Severity: wishlist

On Erc (5.6snapshot0.20240323.151032):

1. /IGNORE a specific nick with an explicit timeout (e.g. 5m)
2. /IGNORE the same nick again with a different timeout (e.g. 10m)

Expected behavior:

The /IGNORE'ed nick is unignored after 10 minutes.

Observed behavior:

The /IGNORE'ed nick is unignored after 5 minutes, afterwhich it is
unignored again after 10 minutes. The latter command is a no-op though,
as the nick would be already unignored at that point.

Additional Information:

As per
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-erc/2024-04/msg00005.html, erc
does not save the handles to the created timeout. This will have to be
changed in order to achieve the desired behavior.

In GNU Emacs 29.3 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20,
 cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-03-25 built on bos03-amd64-034
Repository revision: 73d7d08f3f07a68b198e5ba230a474ba019e6a8a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201001
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/snap/emacs/current/usr --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --without-xaw3d --with-modules --with-cairo
 --with-native-compilation=aot --without-pgtk --with-xinput2
 --with-tree-sitter --with-json
 'CFLAGS=-isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include
 -isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu
 -isystem/build/emacs/stage/usr/include -O2'
 'CPPFLAGS=-isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include
 -isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu
 -isystem/build/emacs/stage/usr/include'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/lib
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/lib
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
 -L/build/emacs/stage/usr/lib''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-notifications-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-keep-place-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-scrolltobottom-mode: t
  erc-imenu-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-bufbar-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-autoaway-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Features:
(shadow emacsbug mailalias smtpmail misearch multi-isearch pulse xref
project elec-pair shortdoc help-fns radix-tree mule-util sort smiley
gnus-cite qp mm-archive mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml
nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7 network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache
display-line-numbers goto-addr org-element org-persist org-id org-refile
avl-tree generator oc-basic ol-eww eww url-queue thingatpt mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win ol-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb
ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs
disp-table leuven-dark-theme pixel-scroll cua-base mb-depth whitespace
autorevert filenotify icomplete desktop frameset sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search
mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr xdg cus-edit pp erc-services
erc-ring erc-desktop-notifications notifications dbus xml erc-nicks
color erc-netsplit erc-menu erc-list erc-goodies erc-imenu imenu
erc-pcomplete time-date pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-status-sidebar erc-track erc-match
erc-join erc-autoaway erc format-spec erc-backend erc-networks
erc-common erc-compat compat erc-loaddefs windmove recentf tree-widget
wid-edit cus-load edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-ensure use-package-core site-start comp comp-cstr
warnings icons rx cl-extra help-mode erc-autoloads info compat-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 594467 77435)
 (symbols 48 30085 3)
 (strings 32 121202 5619)
 (string-bytes 1 3810229)
 (vectors 16 78960)
 (vector-slots 8 1374718 116320)
 (floats 8 636 1057)
 (intervals 56 1151 66)
 (buffers 984 22))