Subject: bug#70120: notes-mode in elpa needs update to 1.31

From: John Heidemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 22:41:46 -0700

On Mon, 01 Apr 2024 09:32:32 -0000, Philip Kaludercic wrote: 
>John Heidemann <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I just got mail from elpa about notes-mode
>>
>> https://urldefense.us/v2/url?u=https-3A__elpa.gnu.org_packages_notes-2Dmode.html&d=DwIBAg&c=qzHnJIRvjI6L-clJH8JwLQvf_Iq43fzikf6aoxZgMb8&r=GIjWal7KsyD6t96DlV1ZNA&m=cGCEjXxZBykr0MY3A1w3a7WWS_TViYCtOSwgIwjtmVVJSF971jEjUZwup4JzBqiE&s=ffh0Q7ybvr8WrpfZpy8dlyx2sHfmDPs0nnh14youafM&e= 
>>
>> ELPA has version 1.30, but that version is missing changes rqeuired for
>> emacs-26.1.  Please update the version in elpa to notes-mode-1.31
>> found at
>
>It appears that the source code has been added to ELPA, but the version
>header was not increased to indicate a release.  I can do that for you,
>but while we are at it, would you be fine with me extending the
>metadata?  Like adding your name and address as both maintainer and
>author, and a URL?  I also see there is no commentary.
>
>> https://ant.isi.edu/~johnh/SOFTWARE/NOTES_MODE/index.html
>>
>> (specifcally
>> https://ant.isi.edu/~johnh/SOFTWARE/NOTES_MODE/notes-mode-1.31.tar.gz
>> )
>>
>> Thank you,
>>    -John Heidemann

I don't think I originally submitted it to ELPA.  Maybe someone
submitted it on my behalf?

I have no metadata for the package, only what I post to my website
(linked above).

I see the ELPA documentation is at
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/elpa.git/plain/README

Is it that you want me to update the elpa-config file?

   -John