Subject: bug#70093: Remove unnecessary `image-tests--map-equal'

From: David Ponce <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2025 11:56:23 +0100

On 2025-03-02 05:52, Joseph Turner wrote:
> Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>>> Was this patch installed?
>>>
>>> No.
>>>
>>>> Should it be?
>>>
>>> I'm not sure, and I said so in the discussion.
>>
>> Now I see that there were some issues with the patch reported by David
>> Ponce, but I see no followup to his last message from Joseph.
>>
>> Joseph, do you still consider this patch a good idea?
> 
> Yes.  The stricter tests which I propose in the patch all pass on my
> machine.  David, are you able to reproduce this issue with emacs -Q?
> 
> Thank you!
> 
> Joseph

Here here are the results of running image map tests with emacs -Q

Selector: image-create-image-with-map
Passed:  1
Failed:  0
Skipped: 0
Total:   1/1

Selector: image-transform-map
Passed:  1
Failed:  0
Skipped: 0
Total:   1/1

Selector: image--compute-map-and-original-map
Passed:  0
Failed:  1 (1 unexpected)
Skipped: 0
Total:   1/1

F image--compute-map-and-original-map
     Test ‘image--compute-map’ and ‘image--compute-original-map’.
     (ert-test-failed
      ((should
        (image-tests--map-equal (image--compute-map image) rotated-map))
       :form
       (image-tests--map-equal
        (((circle ... . 24) "a" (help-echo "A"))
	((rect ... 127 . 77) "b" (help-echo "B"))
	((poly . [199 161 206 160 213 154 218 146 221 136 ...]) "c"
	 (help-echo "C")))
        (((circle ... . 24) "a" (help-echo "A"))
	((rect ... 54 . 77) "b" (help-echo "B"))
	((poly . [126 161 133 160 140 154 145 146 148 136 ...]) "c"
	 (help-echo "C"))))
       :value nil))

No change since my previous testing.  It is still a mystery for me why
this test consistently fails for me and not for others.

Additional info:

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2025-03-02
Repository revision: 2ba2157a610346b56507a8ed7c771f6f57263ee6
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12014000
System Description: Fedora Linux 40 (KDE Plasma)

Configured using:
  'configure --with-native-compilation=no
  PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINERAMA XINPUT2 XPM
XRANDR GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_TIME: fr_FR.utf8
   value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug lisp-mnt message mailcap yank-media puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils svg dom xml
thingatpt help-fns radix-tree cl-print cl-seq time-date subr-x cl-extra
pcase cl-macs ert map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile pp ewoc debug
backtrace help-mode find-func cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process tty-child-frames emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 98826 9315) (symbols 48 8089 0) (strings 32 20424 2237)
  (string-bytes 1 550226) (vectors 16 14780)
  (vector-slots 8 157482 10220) (floats 8 50 1125)
  (intervals 56 3377 14) (buffers 992 14))