Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] gnu: Add stremio.

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2025 15:59:22 +0200

Hello Sergio,

since this package passes QA, I had a quick look.

Concerning the license, the https://github.com/Stremio/stremio-shell
repository links to the GPL version 3, not expat. Normally this means
"or later"; unfortunately the source code does not seem to have an
explicit license notice specifying gpl3 or gpl3+.

So should this package be called stremio or stremio-shell?
The binary is called stremio, so I think it makes sense to keep this
also as the project name.

I also did not find a license for the "embedded"
stremio-server-4.20.8.js file; the file itself says
   /*! For license information please see server.js.LICENSE.txt */
but where is this file?
I also found this open issue
   https://github.com/Stremio/stremio-service/issues/49
which seems to indicate that the code is not free.

Andreas