Subject: bug#70073: 29.3; Emacs-PGTK crashes upon marking some text inside emacs and then middle clicking outside of Emacs

From: "Abraham S.A.H." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 20:00:36 +0100 (CET)

> Thank you for your report, but these backtraces can only be
> interpreted on your system. So either convert them to human-readable
> lists of file names, line numbers, and function names as described in
> the node "Crashing" of the Emacs user manual, or run Emacs from GDB,
> and when Emacs crashes, type "bt" at the GDB prompt and post the
> backtrace produced by GDB.

The least I could do. 

That's the end of the day in my time — Tehran's time. I will do it again
with GDB as you instructed, tomorrow.  

> This says you invoked Emacs with --debug-init, not with -Q. Which one
> is correct?

It's saying right.  When I ran the bug report command, Emacs was invoked
with both `-Q` and `--debug-init` flags.  But the issue and backtrace is the
same, nonetheless.

> Is this different from bug#70072 that you submitted a few minutes ago,
> or is this the same problem? It sounds almost the same problem, just
> triggered in 2 different ways.

Exactly, it seems to be the same issue, triggered in 2 different ways. 
Even the crash backtrace is the same.

By the way!  I have tried `emacs-pgtk-native-comp-git` of AUR, which is
Emacs dev master branch (30.0.50.171462) with PGTK and I could NOT
reproduce the bug.  This is the only available package of Emacs dev branch
with PGTK enabled, in Arch Linux.

--
Best Regards,
Abraham
Sent with Tutanota; https://tuta.com