Subject: [bug#70065] [PATCH v2 0/8] Update to Racket 8.12, Chez Scheme 10, and Zuo 1.9.

From: Philip McGrath <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 02:51:05 -0400

Hi Skyler, Liliana, et al.,

Here is v2!

In the second patch, I tweaked the comments based on discussion with Skyler.

To be extra careful about the deprecation of chez-scheme-for-system, I split
the former [4/6] into:

  * [v2 4/8], which just changes the return value;
  * [v2 5/8], which changes to define-deprecated; and
  * [v2 6/8], which updates the uses.

I checked after that all the dependents built and that deprecation warnings
were shown after [v2 5/8] (and not anywhere else!).

Thanks!
Philip

Philip McGrath (8):
  gnu: zuo: Update to 1.9.
  gnu: racket: Update to 8.12.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Reorganize package definitions.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Update to 10.0.0.
  gnu: Deprecate chez-scheme-for-system.in favor of chez-scheme.
  gnu: Fix uses of deprecated chez-scheme-for-system.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Update and simplify machine-type handling.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Bootstrap from source.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |    9 +-
 gnu/packages/chez.scm                         | 1024 ++++++++---------
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm                    |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/loko.scm                         |    2 +-
 .../chez-scheme-backport-configure.patch      |  463 ++++++++
 gnu/packages/patches/chez-scheme-bin-sh.patch |   37 +-
 .../racket-backport-8.11-layered-docs.patch   |   36 -
 .../racket-backport-8.12-chez-configure.patch |  423 +++++++
 .../patches/racket-chez-scheme-bin-sh.patch   |   21 +-
 .../patches/racket-rktio-bin-sh.patch         |   17 +-
 ...cket-zuo-bin-sh.patch => zuo-bin-sh.patch} |   33 +-
 gnu/packages/racket.scm                       |  143 +--
 12 files changed, 1527 insertions(+), 683 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/chez-scheme-backport-configure.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/racket-backport-8.11-layered-docs.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/racket-backport-8.12-chez-configure.patch
 rename gnu/packages/patches/{racket-zuo-bin-sh.patch => zuo-bin-sh.patch} (72%)

base-commit: 0e8f7ee3a95011dd9ebdc99e0f3b754160524b5d
-- 
2.41.0