Subject: bug#70065: closed (Re: [bug#70065] [PATCH v2 0/8] Update to Racket 8.12, Chez Scheme 10, and Zuo 1.9.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 10:57:03 +0000

Your bug report

#70065: [PATCH 0/6] gnu: Update to Racket 8.12, Chez Scheme 10, and Zuo 1.9.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70065: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70065
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#70065] [PATCH v2 0/8] Update to Racket 8.12, Chez Scheme 10, and Zuo 1.9.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Philip McGrath <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]>, Katherine Cox-Buday <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Skyler Ferris <[email-masked]>, Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 12:55:50 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Philip McGrath <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Here is v2!
>
> In the second patch, I tweaked the comments based on discussion with Skyler.
>
> To be extra careful about the deprecation of chez-scheme-for-system, I split
> the former [4/6] into:
>
>   * [v2 4/8], which just changes the return value;
>   * [v2 5/8], which changes to define-deprecated; and
>   * [v2 6/8], which updates the uses.
>
> I checked after that all the dependents built and that deprecation warnings
> were shown after [v2 5/8] (and not anywhere else!).

I went ahead and applied v2.  Thank you and thanks to Liliana and Skyler
for reviewing!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/6] gnu: Update to Racket 8.12, Chez Scheme 10, and Zuo 1.9.
From: Philip McGrath <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Philip McGrath <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 01:15:28 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

This patch series updates packages to Racket 8.12, Chez Scheme 10.0.0,
and Zuo 1.9.

As announced in <https://groups.google.com/g/chez-scheme/c/D7g6mIcYLNU>,
all of the changes from Racket's branch have been merged into upstream
Chez Scheme, forming the basis for the 10.0.0 release.

Since Chez Scheme 10.0.0 also uses Zuo for build scripting, Zuo will now be
getting tagged releases in its own Git repository, independent of the Racket
release cycle.

These exciting developments mean that this series has a larger diff than a
typical Racket update, as I've tried to remove much of the complexity from
packagine two diverging forks of Chez Scheme. In particular, the last commit
in the series bootstraps Chez Scheme 10.0.0 from source.

 -Philip

Philip McGrath (6):
  gnu: zuo: Update to 1.9.
  gnu: racket: Update to 8.12.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Reorganize package definitions.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Update to 10.0.0.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Update and simplify machine-type handling.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Bootstrap from source.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |    9 +-
 gnu/packages/chez.scm                         | 1019 ++++++++---------
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm                    |    2 +-
 .../chez-scheme-backport-configure.patch      |  463 ++++++++
 gnu/packages/patches/chez-scheme-bin-sh.patch |   37 +-
 .../racket-backport-8.11-layered-docs.patch   |   36 -
 .../racket-backport-8.12-chez-configure.patch |  423 +++++++
 .../patches/racket-chez-scheme-bin-sh.patch   |   21 +-
 .../patches/racket-rktio-bin-sh.patch         |   17 +-
 ...cket-zuo-bin-sh.patch => zuo-bin-sh.patch} |   33 +-
 gnu/packages/racket.scm                       |  143 +--
 11 files changed, 1522 insertions(+), 681 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/chez-scheme-backport-configure.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/racket-backport-8.11-layered-docs.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/racket-backport-8.12-chez-configure.patch
 rename gnu/packages/patches/{racket-zuo-bin-sh.patch => zuo-bin-sh.patch} (72%)

base-commit: 0e8f7ee3a95011dd9ebdc99e0f3b754160524b5d
-- 
2.41.0