Subject: bug#70064: Error when loading r-sf and other spatial packages (gdal related)

From: Javier Vaquero Martínez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 18:02:13 +0100

Dear guix community,

I am quite new to Guix so I apologize if I am doing something wrong.

I added channel guix-cran to get R packages. I installed r-sf r-terra, 
and other packages. However, I cannot load them in R.

Here, at the end of the message I show and example with r-rgdal but same 
thing happens with r-sf or r-terra.

Am I doing something wrong? Can you reproduce the bug?

Regards,

Javier.

|$ guix shell r r-rgdal -- R -e "library(rgdal)" R version 4.3.3 
(2024-02-29) -- "Angel Food Cake" Copyright (C) 2024 The R Foundation 
for Statistical Computing Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit) R 
es un software libre y viene sin GARANTIA ALGUNA. Usted puede 
redistribuirlo bajo ciertas circunstancias. Escriba 'license()' o 
'licence()' para detalles de distribucion. R es un proyecto colaborativo 
con muchos contribuyentes. Escriba 'contributors()' para obtener más 
información y 'citation()' para saber cómo citar R o paquetes de R en 
publicaciones. Escriba 'demo()' para demostraciones, 'help()' para el 
sistema on-line de ayuda, o 'help.start()' para abrir el sistema de 
ayuda HTML con su navegador. Escriba 'q()' para salir de R. > 
library(rgdal) Loading required package: sp Error: package or namespace 
load failed for ‘rgdal’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...): 
unable to load shared object 
'/gnu/store/xjs26gdxwj2149rzxmq1rfikbly2i1yr-r-rgdal-1.6-7/site-library/rgdal/libs/rgdal.so': 
/gnu/store/71kgqypidg2ksvwm84ccqjwyzai9ay1i-gdal-3.6.1/lib/libgdal.so.32: 
undefined symbol: GEOSConcaveHull_r |

​