Subject: Re: bug#70046: 29.3; ebuffers mini frame loses focus

From: Vangelis Evangelou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 08:55:39 +0100

Dear all.

I have further information on how to reproduce this bug. I believe this
issue is a combination of emacs version 29.1 and later (the issue is absent
in version 28.1) and my window manager. My window manager is XFCE version
4.18. In the XFCE settings choose "window manager tweaks", then the "focus"
tab and untick the option "activate focus stealing prevention". With this
choice, the issue I mentioned with the miniframe losing focus can be
reproduced. When the "activate focus stealing prevention" option is
selected, then this issue goes away. See settings image here
https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/wmtweaks#focus
I hope this helps.

On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 at 14:27, Vangelis Evangelou <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I tried with --with-x-toolkit=no, and still have this problem.
>
> With emacs 28.2 this is not an issue.
>
>
> On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 at 12:59, Po Lu <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Vangelis Evangelou <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> > Honestly, I don't know. I'm using XFCE, which is not an unusual window
>> > manager. I can try and change some settings if you can suggest to
>> > diagnose the issue. I believe the ebuffers code has changed
>> > recently. It used to work without issues in emacs 27 or 28 (I don't
>> > remember which).
>>
>> Would you try building with --with-x-toolkit=no?  I cannot reproduce
>> this on GNOME, but also can't be certain that this is not a result of my
>> using a no toolkit build.
>>
>