Subject: bug#70046: 29.3; ebuffers mini frame loses focus

From: Vangelis Evangelou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 08:36:56 +0000

When using ebuffers with the default settings, going up and down on
differences by pressing n and p switches focus to the buffers that are
being compared. As an example, run the following commands in terminal:

ping -c 10 example.com > ~/fileA
ping -c 10 example.com > ~/fileB
emacs -Q --eval '(ebuffers (find-file "~/fileA") (find-file "~/fileB"))'

and then press n and p to navigate through the differences. You will notice
that focus switches to the buffers. It doesn't happen always.

In GNU Emacs 29.3 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2024-03-25 built on XXX
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Linux Mint 21.3

Configured using:
 'configure --without-pop --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5
 --without-hesiod --without-mail-unlink --without-mailhost
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-file-notification=inotify --with-x
 --with-modules --with-json --with-xft --with-native-compilation=aot'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils comp comp-cstr
warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp
byte-compile ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff
ediff-help ediff-init cl-loaddefs cl-lib ediff-util rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 89509 8639)
 (symbols 48 7936 0)
 (strings 32 23350 1264)
 (string-bytes 1 698046)
 (vectors 16 17470)
 (vector-slots 8 355883 12474)
 (floats 8 43 52)
 (intervals 56 244 0)
 (buffers 984 15))