Subject: Re: bug#7004: 23.2; In fullscreen mode, the echo area takes too much vertical space

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:56:49 +0200

Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> writes:

> That is not precise enough.

Use your imagination.

>  Enlarge where?  At the top?  At the bottom?

Isn't that obvious?

> If we use at the top for example, that would look equally bad IMHO as the
> current situation.

Yes, of course.  Why would you want to do that?

> Besides from more or less rewrite the display engine of course.

Does it?  As I already said, the key point is to be able to specify the
window sizes in pixel granularity, and the display engine can already
handle font sizes that are not a whole mutiple of a character cell.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."