Subject: bug#7004: 23.2; In fullscreen mode, the echo area takes too much vertical space

From: MON KEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 23:38:19 -0400

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 2010-09-10 15:40, MON KEY skrev:
>
> How?

When menu-bar/tool-bar aren't displayed don't calculate their size
when determining the size of the mini-buffer.

> Adjust the resolution?

I doubt that it is TRT, but maybe adjusting the size of
non-mini-buffer window would be better than spilling the diff off into
the mini-buffer

> Wasted space is wasted space.  What can we do with it?

Indeed, so why count it?

>  Select a smaller font for that line?
For the calculated difference ratio?
Why, do that when here is no "line" to which the user could insert
text/objects to anyways.

Or, maybe I am misunderstanding the cause of the problem?

I've attached two .png screencaptures showing my Emac with and without menu-bar.

>        Jan D.

--
/s_P\