Subject: Re: bug#7004: 23.2; In fullscreen mode, the echo area takes too much vertical space

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:10:01 +0200

> Did you read "...  when not using the X toolkit ..."?

The doc-string of `frame-pixel-height' tells me that

   In the Gtk+ version of Emacs, it includes only any window (including
   the minibuffer or eacho area), mode line, and header line.  It does
   not include the tool bar or menu bar.

   With the Motif or Lucid toolkits, it also includes the tool bar (but
   not the menu bar).

so this should take care of the remaining cases.  Or am I missing
something?

 > These just act as booleans for the non-native case, i.e. anything
 > non-zero means on.

Maybe that's the reason why my maximized frame starts out as not really
full-screen-height and changes to full-screen height after some dialogue
in the minibuffer-window.  Also, on a tiled screen the Emacs frame is
the only "window" that doesn't entirely fill the space assigned by the
window manager.  On Windows XP with toolbar-mode turned off.

martin