Subject: Re: bug#70036: a fix that

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:45:37 +0100

On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 4:39 PM Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> >           18   8%           - eglot--TextDocumentPositionParams
> > ...
> >           25   1%         - eglot--TextDocumentPositionParams
> >           23   1%          - eglot--TextDocumentIdentifier
> >           23   1%           - eglot-path-to-uri
> >           13   0%            - file-truename
>
> Be aware that 13 is roughly in milliseconds (with the default value of
> `profiler-sampling-interval').  The numbers you are seeing in this
> profile are close to the "noise" levels.

Correct, and that was precisely my point.  I had to work hard just
to get  these numbers to show on the profile with average-length
pathnames. But it was enough to verify that I apply my caching
patch, they go away completely.

João