Subject: bug#70036: a fix that

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 19:59:09 +0100

On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 7:14 PM Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Open main.go in emacs and M-x eglot. Observe error:
> ```
> compiler [DuplicateDecl]: main redeclared in this block (this error: other declaration of main)
> ```

Reproduced, but that's not Eglot's fault, couldn't be.  Eglot told
gopls _nothing_  about mainlink.go.  Check your events buffer!  No
didOpen for mainlink.go! In fact you probably don't even need to didOpen
any file for that  problem to be reported as a project-wide diagnostic.
A simple  initialize will do, I bet.  IOW, you barely need a client.
Gopls decided to do some out-of-band  (meaning out-of-LSP) analysis
of the code, bumped into its own  ignorance (or policy, who knows?)
re. symlinks, and decided to  issue diagnostics.  Seems something a
Go compiler would do.  Maybe it does?  Are symlinks even supported in
Go projects?

Bottom line is Eglot wasn't ever the hindrance for this to work and it
should not suddenly become one. Not without a very good reason, which
this performance matter clearly isn't (not least because there are lots
of alternative solutions as we've seen)

João