Subject: bug#70036: a fix that

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 10:22:30 +0100

On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 10:10 AM Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 7:09 AM Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > But that could be down to other reasons Theodor.  We would need data
> > for that server too.  Last time I tried jdtls (on a docker-based TRAMP
> > setup, described somewhere in the mailing list), it was snappy.
> >
> > If you make a simple recipe like this one I can absolutely
> > try though.  The difficulty in that one was TRAMP.
> >
>
> I can try, but these repros are hard, because it is hard to find an open
> source java project where I easily can construct similar scenarios. And
> also time.

Yes, it's hard, indeed.  But it's very valuable.  IOW, we shouldn't make
design decisions without gathering hard data and reproducible experiments,
like we did here.  There are lots and lots of litte factors so at least
two people reproducing the same results in a plausible agreed-upon scenario
(again, like we did here), is important.

João