Subject: bug#70036: a fix that

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:53:41 +0300

> From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 18:22:09 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 5:30 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > > >  That's unfortunate.
> > >
> > > For you maybe.
> >
> > For me also.
> >
> > And please try to be kinder.  Theo might have made a mistake (or not),
> > but he is still a valued contributor, so please treat him with respect
> > he deserves.
> 
> I'm not being unkind at all.

I suggest to get an objective opinion of that from an uninvolved
party.

> So let's skip the morals.

No, let's not.  Let's try being kind and cooperative and respectful to
the work of others, exactly like you expect us to respect you and
yours.

> I've told you I'm invested in fixing Theo's performance problems,
> but I must learn more about them obviously.  But I'm not going to
> keep a regression in just to be nice to people.

If -- and it's stil an "if" -- it was a regression, it was there for
quite some time, so nothing serious would have happened if we'd leave
it there for a few more hours or days.

> I'm sure Theo can understand that.

He obviously felt hurt, so "understand" is not an appropriate word
here.

> He's done lots of useful contributions and will do more, but this
> one was a mistake.

We shall see.  For now, I reserve my judgment until we see
measurements.