Subject: bug#70026: QtBase 6.5.2: Wrong private header locations

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 14:24:33 -0400

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Ziltener via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]> writes:

> The private header files of QtBase (and probably other Qt packages as
> well) are placed in the wrong location. In my case, I am trying to use
> qmetaobjectbuilder_p.h. The path for it is
> /gnu/store/zywk3i6r200qd0w0fjizg3m5nwpkkzjs-profile/include/qt6/QtCore/6.5.2/QtCore/private/qmetaobjectbuilder_p.h
> (expected would be
> /gnu/store/zywk3i6r200qd0w0fjizg3m5nwpkkzjs-profile/include/qt6/QtCore/private/qmetaobjectbuilder_p.h),
> which leads to issues when compiling, because qmetaobjectbuilder_p.h
> contains an "#include <QtCore/private/qglobal_p.h>", which can then
> not be found. It also means I cannot use any of the provided include
> path env variables like C_INCLUDE_PATH.

If you have the chance, could you try on the qt-team branch? It has a
fresh Qt 6.6.2 version; perhaps something got fixed.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim