Subject: bug#70019: closed (Re: bug#70019: [PATCH] Fix two bugs in removing bookmark fringe marks (bug#70019))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 22:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#70019: 30.0.50; bookmark-set: fringe icon (again)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70019: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70019
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70019: [PATCH] Fix two bugs in removing bookmark fringe marks (bug#70019)
From: Karl Fogel <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 17:21:39 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 22 Apr 2024, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>Thanks.  Karl, please install the patch on the master branch, and
>close the bug when you do.

Installed in commit 63765a74f15e, and this email should close the 
report.

Best regards,
-Karl

Subject: 30.0.50; bookmark-set: fringe icon (again)
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: bug-gnu-emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 21:30:27 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Recipe from "emacs -Q":

1. Open the Emacs manual [C-h r].
2. Set a named bookmark in some line of the *info* node [C-x r m f o o RET].
3. Go to another *info* node and repeat step #2 there (with the same
bookmark name).

When I do this, I still see a "bookmark" icon in the fringe of the
first *info* node (wrong, since the bookmark now refers to another
place).

Also, if I delete the bookmark (from the "*Bookmark List*" buffer), I
still see the icons in the fringe on both *info* nodes.

--
Dani Moncayo

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-03-26 built on C11-Q8YAKWONJX0
Repository revision: 351d98535dc10f8338b8a418e331cc0af488087b
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corporation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Ubuntu 23.10

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix