Subject: bug#70004: closed (Re: bug#70004: 30.0.50; vc-dir-mark-all-files doesn't work in *vc-dir* buffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 16:42:02 +0000

Your bug report

#70004: 30.0.50; vc-dir-mark-all-files doesn't work in *vc-dir* buffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
70004: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=70004
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#70004: 30.0.50; vc-dir-mark-all-files doesn't work in *vc-dir* buffer
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Bartosz Kaczyński <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 19:40:57 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Bartosz Kaczyński <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 16:31:13 +0000
> 
> So, without further ado. Apparently, I didn't understand the function's
> behavior correctly and simply thought that pressing the "M" (regardless
> of point position) would select all files, for example, those in the
> "edited" state.
> Thank you for your time spent on this investigation, and clearly, it is
> not a bug.

OK, thanks.  I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: 30.0.50; vc-dir-mark-all-files doesn't work in *vc-dir* buffer
From: Bartosz Kaczyński <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 14:17:50 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

As per the subject, the command for selecting files in the buffer works
only on a single file, not on all that require action. I tested it both
through the M key and via M-x. Tested using emacs -q as well with same
results.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-03-25 built on celsius
Repository revision: f54b1d9f7b7a977ee4856c778a309c900ce9e8fa
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'SUSE LINUX', version 11.0.12302004
System Description: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Configured using:
 'configure --with-imagemagick --with-xwidgets'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ IMAGEMAGICK
JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  server-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/bartk/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.6.1.0.20240322.140619/theme-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-demon nndraft nnmh utf-7
epa-file network-stream nsm nnfolder nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache face-remap
pulse color display-fill-column-indicator display-line-numbers checkdoc
lisp-mnt flymake compile server company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags fileloop generator xref company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments
doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core comp comp-cstr warnings comp-run
comp-common shrink-path f s nerd-icons nerd-icons-faces nerd-icons-data
nerd-icons-data-mdicon nerd-icons-data-flicon nerd-icons-data-codicon
nerd-icons-data-devicon nerd-icons-data-sucicon nerd-icons-data-wicon
nerd-icons-data-faicon nerd-icons-data-powerline nerd-icons-data-octicon
nerd-icons-data-pomicon nerd-icons-data-ipsicon init yasnippet-snippets
yasnippet which-key smartparens advice loadhist thingatpt dash
exec-path-from-shell diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode savehist recentf tree-widget init-org ob-C
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs ob-plantuml ob-python python project compat pcase
treesit ob-shell shell cl-extra help-mode edmacro kmacro bind-key
easy-mmode init-gnus gnus-topic gnus-icalendar org-capture org-refile
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities noutline outline icons ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol rx org-fold org-fold-core
org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func org-version org-compat org-macs
format-spec gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config mailabbrev mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader
gnus-util text-property-search time-date mail-utils range wid-edit
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr gmm-utils icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs icomplete auth-source-pass saveplace
autorevert filenotify hl-line delsel pixel-scroll cua-base ring mb-depth
cus-load ef-elea-dark-theme ef-themes finder-inf ace-window-autoloads
avy-autoloads company-autoloads devdocs-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads
doom-modeline-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads
exec-path-from-shell-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads nerd-icons-autoloads nov-autoloads
esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads f-autoloads
s-autoloads smartparens-autoloads info dash-autoloads
visual-fill-column-autoloads which-key-autoloads
yasnippet-snippets-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
early-init rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x
multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 674134 284802) (symbols 48 39234 200)
 (strings 32 198732 51531) (string-bytes 1 5353457) (vectors 16 57743)
 (vector-slots 8 699109 152004) (floats 8 574 588)
 (intervals 56 536 334) (buffers 992 21))