Subject: Re: Should ‘guix import pypi’ get dependencies from pyproject files?

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2024 10:26:42 +0000

Hi Ludovic,

> It looks like we still take info from ‘requirements.txt’; is
Python packaging ecosystem is not standradisied like in Julia
somteimes you may see all at once setup.cfg, setup.py, pyproject.toml,
 requirements*.txt (covering in separate files dev/install deps),

Poetry changed the game as it become popular but it does not follow
PEP in pyproject.toml and just
created it's own config field in it not copatible with pip.

This patch would help to refresh easely most of the astronomy packages
as they are on
pyproject.toml and failed to be refresh with guix refresh CLI.

Lars, do you have a commit access?

> Anyhow, if others on the Python team approve, I guess you can go ahead
and push it.

I vote for merge as well

Thanks,
Oleg