Subject: Re: bug#69997: Should ‘guix importpypi’ get dependencies from pyproject files?

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 10:06:31 +0100

Tanguy LE CARROUR <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> PS: I hear more and more long-time Python developers dismayed by the sad
>>     state of packaging and code evolution in Python.  In Guile land, we
>>     say: refugees welcome!  Come discover a great language and a great
>>     community (together with their own set of problems).
>
> Thanks for the kind invitation, but… I have an acute form of parens-itis.
> Seeing more that a pair of parenthesis on a single line make my eyes bleed! 😅
> And… `#` is for comments, every other use is complete heresy and those
> who go against the creed should suffer! … isn’t that what the parentheses
> are for?! 😉

Worry not! As part of our refugees-welcome effort, “we” have put
together tools and guides to help you feel at home:

  https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/wisp
  https://www.draketo.de/py2guile

:-)

Ludo’.