Subject: Re: bug#69989: [PATCH] Fix invocation of Java Language Server

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 07:11:02 +0000

Felician Nemeth <[email-masked]> writes:

>> It appears that the Java Language Server "jdtls" unfortunately requires
>> a "-data" flag to be passed along with some directory to function
>> properly.  Otherwise it fails or only provides primitive syntax
>> checking, and no completion or other warnings.  This was discussed on
>> the Eglot issue tracker [0].
>
> I don't use jdtls, but it seems the upstream fixed this issue and there
> is no need to modify Eglot.
>
> https://github.com/eclipse-jdtls/eclipse.jdt.ls/pull/2207
> https://github.com/eclipse-jdtls/eclipse.jdt.ls/commit/b93370662a8e4e552dc2af162eb9510b276e0203

Turns out I had an older installation of jdtls.  I have upgraded it and
can confirm that it works without the patch.  So I'll be closing this
report.

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic on icterid