Subject: bug#69987: closed (Re: bug#69987: 28.2; *mailcap shell* not in buffer list)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#69987: 28.2; *mailcap shell* not in buffer list

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69987: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69987
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#69987: 28.2; *mailcap shell* not in buffer list
From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 14:11:03 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 14:55:12 +0200 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Tomas Hlavaty <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  Eli Zaretskii
>>  <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:33:23 +0100
>>
>> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:55:37 +0200 Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> >> then C-x C-b to show *Buffer List*
>> >
>> > In the *Buffer List* you can see all internal buffers
>> > by typing 'I' (Buffer-menu-toggle-internal).
>>
>> Does the "---" line above the NEWS entry for this feature mean the "List
>> Buffers" node in the Emacs manual will be updated to mention it?
>
> No, it means we didn't think this worth documenting.  Now reconsidered.

Thanks.

Steve Berman

Subject: 28.2; *mailcap shell* not in buffer list
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 20:12:54 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After switching away from *mailcap shell* buffer
there is no way to get back to it.
At least I cannot find it in the *Buffer List* buffer.
Would it be possible to keep the *mailcap shell* buffer
around as usual?  This automagical disappearance is
rather inconvenient and surprising.

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
System Description: NixOS 23.05 (Stoat)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/5wrix9hmj9pacadlvim5gwxsdwc6321b-emacs-28.2
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-xft --with-cairo --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: 
  value of $EMACSNATIVELOADPATH: /nix/store/icpc3z2b3ix2jw2vrgp217wa40pd3hwl-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/native-lisp::
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: notmuch-show

Minor modes in effect:
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  eev-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: linux
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/run/current-system/sw/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start hides /nix/store/icpc3z2b3ix2jw2vrgp217wa40pd3hwl-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start
/run/current-system/sw/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start hides /nix/store/5wrix9hmj9pacadlvim5gwxsdwc6321b-emacs-28.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start
/nix/store/icpc3z2b3ix2jw2vrgp217wa40pd3hwl-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/transient-20230602.2121/transient hides /nix/store/5wrix9hmj9pacadlvim5gwxsdwc6321b-emacs-28.2/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/transient
/nix/store/icpc3z2b3ix2jw2vrgp217wa40pd3hwl-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/let-alist-1.0.6/let-alist hides /nix/store/5wrix9hmj9pacadlvim5gwxsdwc6321b-emacs-28.2/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow emacsbug dired-aux tramp-cmds rect pcmpl-unix org-element
avl-tree ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex ol-bbdb
ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi mm-archive qp mailalias sendmail feedmail
sort mail-extr company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb mhtml-mode css-mode smie js cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs sgml-mode facemenu gnutls network-stream url-http url-gw nsm
url-cache url-auth misearch multi-isearch find-dired mule-util rfc2104
tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-compat parse-time ls-lisp t-mouse term/linux psc-ide
psc-ide-protocol psc-ide-backported company elm-mode elm-interactive
elm-font-lock elm-indent-simple elm-indent elm-imenu elm-format
reformatter elm-tags elm-util pulse color let-alist f f-shortdoc
shortdoc elm-defuns bmenu watch term2 shell2 vc-git vc-dispatcher
emacs-btap ffap emacs-unoffice view org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601 ol org-keys oc org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs find-func emacs-pdf printing ps-print
ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr emacs-framebuffer eev-beginner eev-load
eev-rcirc eev-videolinks eev-audiovideo eev-wconfig eev-rstdoc
eev-helpful eev-kla eev-testblocks eev-edit eev-pdflike eejump eev-brxxx
eev-code eev-hlinks eev-tlinks eev-wrap eev-env eev-elinks eev-plinks
eev-blinks eev-template0 eev-anchors eev-codings eepitch disp-table
eev-mode eev-eval eev-multiwindow eev-flash eev-intro dumb-jump popup s
email-eww cltl clhs dict2 notmuch notmuch-tree notmuch-jump
notmuch-hello notmuch-show notmuch-print notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua
notmuch-message notmuch-draft notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-address
notmuch-company notmuch-parser notmuch-wash coolj goto-addr icalendar
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs notmuch-tag
notmuch-lib notmuch-compat hl-line mm-view mml-smime smime dig eww-lnum
eww xdg url-queue shr kinsoku svg xml dom mm-url gnus nnheader wid-edit
magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff
smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor comp comp-cstr warnings rx shell pcomplete
server magit-mode transient cl-extra help-mode magit-git magit-base
magit-section format-spec cursor-sensor crm dash compat compat-29
diff-mode paredit slime-asdf grep slime-fancy slime-indentation
slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice
slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep
slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-fuzzy slime-c-p-c slime-autodoc
slime-editing-commands slime-repl slime-parse slime apropos compile
text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref project arc-mode
archive-mode noutline outline pp comint ansi-color ring hyperspec
thingatpt picolisp tsm easy-mmode calendar2 pcase edmacro kmacro
slime-autoloads info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl
tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 3685347 590674)
 (symbols 48 42598 4)
 (strings 32 377463 41688)
 (string-bytes 1 21714710)
 (vectors 16 83742)
 (vector-slots 8 2168580 192474)
 (floats 8 867 305)
 (intervals 56 629850 48218)
 (buffers 992 38))