Subject: bug#69987: 28.2; *mailcap shell* not in buffer list

From: Tomas Hlavaty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 23:25:50 +0100

Hi Eli,

thanks for the quick reply.

> Can you show a recipe, preferably starting from "emacs -Q"?  Or at
> least explain how you get to this *mailcap shell* buffer?

$ emacs -Q --eval='(eww
"https://dq4n3btxmr8c9.cloudfront.net/files/oj7hht/Liberties_Rule_Of_Law_Report_2024_FULL.pdf")'

then C-x 1 to hide the *mailcal shell* buffer

then C-x C-b to show *Buffer List*

> A stab in the dark: if the buffer's name is actually " *mailcap shell*",
> i.e. it begins with a space,

you are right, fascinating

> then you can switch to it by typing its name at the "C-x b" prompt.

this works, thank you!

although not very discoverable

Where could I learn more about such buffer name conventions?

Regards,

Tomas