Subject: [bug#69971] [PATCH v2] gnu: webkitgtk: Add locale and dri access to gtk sandbox in order to silence gtk locale warnings and enable hardware accelerated video, respectively.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 08:32:04 +0200

Am Sonntag, dem 31.03.2024 um 22:17 -0400 schrieb Abhishek Cherath:
> It was a conservative choice, but not made for security reasons, I'm
> just not sure where and how this wrapper runs, and I was mildly tired
> of recompiling webkitgtk.
> 
> I'm not opposed to having it be $HOME, if that works; I don't see
> what security issues there could be.
I think dynamic choices should be possible – IIRC, std::strings are
used for arguments, but even if not, we're dealing with C++, so we can
allocate "on the stack".

Am Sonntag, dem 31.03.2024 um 21:33 -0400 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> Liliana, I remember you would prefer not having webkitgtk changes
> happen on master; do you have a suggestion of which branch this
> should be committed to?  gnome-team?
We can do this on gnome-team, we still have some leftover world
rebuilds from 44.10.  I'd prefer if stuff that rebuilds webkitgtk on
master were grafted, as it causes more than the prescribed 300 rebuilds
and is a nasty build itself.

Cheers