Subject: [PATCH] gnu: pixman: Disable non-optional verbose gnuplot debugging output

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 12:06:08 +0100

From: Sören Tempel <[email-masked]>

The --enable-gnuplot option was added previously in Guix Git commit
711316946fa84b55480681588f2cc23811c69784. The option causes any program
linked against the pixman library to constantly write gnuplot input to
standard output. I believe this is not desirable in the common case and,
in fact, this option is intended for testing purposes by upstream [1]. I
don't think that it should be enabled by default in a context of a
distribution.

I noticed this while working porting a Wayland status bar, which uses
pixman, to Guix and wondering why the status bar process was constantly
writing gnuplot input to standard output.

* gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm (pixman): Disable --enable-gnuplot.

[1]: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pixman/pixman/-/commit/d0e6c9f4f65e429058b97d2f947b048b445c17c4
---
 gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm | 3 +--
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm b/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm
index be8623666f..c85529520d 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm
@@ -720,8 +720,7 @@ (define-public pixman
      `(#:configure-flags
        (list
         "--disable-static"
-        "--enable-timers"
-        "--enable-gnuplot")))
+        "--enable-timers")))
     (native-inputs
      (list pkg-config))
     (inputs

base-commit: f285a968b1219ae748fcab918b17285e741422c2