Subject: bug#69942: 30.0.50; Fontification of radio-button widget labels

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 21:45:21 +0200

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:37:58 +0200 Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:07:43 -0300 Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>>> Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 07:58:44 -0300
>>>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>>> From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
>>>>
>>>> On 6/4/24 06:02, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>>>  >> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
>>>>  >> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>>>>  >> Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 17:21:27 +0200
>>>>  >>
>>>>  >> On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 01:40:36 +0100 Stephen Berman
>>>> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>  >>
>>>>  >>> Ok, I've gotten further with implementing disinguishing by faces
>>>>  >>> selected (chosen) and unselected radio buttons in radio-button-choice
>>>>  >>> widgets and check boxes in checklist widgets, see the attached patch.
>>>>  >>> Initial tests seem ok, but it definitely needs more testing.
>>>>  >>
>>>>  >> Any comments on this patch for using a widget-unselected face?  I have
>>>>  >> been detained from further testing this past week, but can now resume.
>>>>  >
>>>>  > Mauro, any further comments?
>>>>
>>>> Hi Eli and Stephen,
>>>>
>>>> Please forgive me, for the past 2 weeks I haven't been able to do any
>>>> computer stuff.  If it's OK, please give me until the weekend so I
>>>> can catch up with this and the other 2 bug reports by Stephen.
>>>
>>> Mauro, were you able to find time to look into this and the other 2
>>> bugs?
>>
>> I have, just now.  The patch looks good to me.  It'll be great if
>> Stephen can add some documentation to the manual, so it stays updated.
>> If not, I can do that in a few days.
>
> Sure, I'll add documentation and post it here for approval before
> pushing the changes.

I've encountered some problems with the patch.  One is that it breaks
the display of all face attributes in the customize-face buffer.  I've
determined the part of the patch that triggers this, though I haven't
yet figured out just why this bit of code breaks the display.  Also, it
appears that the widget-unselected face does not completely replace
widget-inactive where it's intended to do so, but I need to do more
testing and debugging here to find out why.  Until I've fixed these
issues the patch is not suitable for installing, so I'm also holding off
with the accompanying documentation.  (But in preparation for the
documentation I looked more closely at the Widget manual and found
several typos and other issues, for which I opened bug#70502.)

Steve Berman