Subject: Re: bug#69941: 30.0.50; Faulty fontification of radio button widgets

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 09:26:31 -0400

>>>> Could it be that part of the problem is that the insertion of
>>>> a radio-button widget into a radio-button-choice widget is done "too
>>>> late", i.e. after the radio-button-choice widget has been printed?
>>> To avoid this I suspect that the radio-button-choice widget would have
>>> to be redesigned, and also the checklist widget, which has a similar
>>> issue.
>> What does "this" refer to?"
> I meant the "too late" insertion of radio buttons into
> radio-button-choice widgets (and likewise of checkboxes into checklist
> widgets), because IIUC the way this is currently done (by
> widget-radio-add-item and widget-checklist-add-item, respectively)
> requires that the container widget is already in the buffer.

Then maybe widgets which expect to be filled after they're created
should make sure they have an additional character at the beginning and
another at the end so insertions "inside" don't get confused from
insertions "right before" or "right after".

        Stefan