Subject: bug#69941: 30.0.50; Faulty fontification of radio button widgets

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:38:33 +0200

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:33:57 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:18:29 -0300
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
>>  Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
>> From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
>> 
>>  > To fix this bug, do you have a preference between this patch for
>>  > widget-specify-inactive and the attached patch for
>>  > widget-default-create?  Or do you have a better fix?
>>  >
>>  > Steve Berman
>> 
>> I don't really have a better fix.  I mean, ideally, we'd find the reason
>> why the setting behaves differently for the radio-button-choice widget,
>> and only for the first one in a radio widget, as it seems to me. But
>> I'll need more time to be able to look into that.
>> 
>> That said, if Eli is OK with installing a minor hack (with a FIXME,
>> please), I don't have problems.  And since it's a hack (and hopefully
>> temporary), it's better if we keep it at widget-default-create then.
>
> My opinion doesn't matter much in this case.  If you two agree on a
> solution, feel free to install it, even if it is not 110% clean.

I've been using the patch for for widget-specify-inactive in an
application I'm developing that exercises radio-button-choice widgets,
but I'll switch to using the patch for widget-default-create instead.
I've been encountering inconsistent behavior in combination with the use
of widget-unselected face that I haven't tracked down the cause of yet.
I don't expect using the patch for widget-default-create will improve
this issue, but I'll find out.  I also plan to test that patch in
combination with widget-unselected face with checklist widgets, which my
application currently does not use.  I'll report back here before
committing the patch for widget-default-create (or something else,
depending on the outcome of further testing).

Steve Berman