Subject: bug#6994: closed (Re: bug#6993: Enabling Flyspell mode gave an error)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 18:12:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6993: 24.0.50; flyspell broken in emacs24

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6993: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6993
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6993: Enabling Flyspell mode gave an error
From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:13:06 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 06:14:09PM +0200, Agustin Martin wrote:

> This is not flyspell-specific, but also happens when running ispell-word
> after having selected 'en' dict. Even seems to happen for every dictionary
> other than 'default'.

Debugged and noticed that problematic code is not run for default dict (nil)

> I am merging both bug reports, please send followups to #6994, where more
> details are present.

Just committed a change that should make sure that original arg list is
always initialized before used (at least here it does ;-)).  

I am thus closing this bug report. Please reopen if this does not properly
fix the problem at your site.

Thanks for the feedback.

-- 
Agustin

Subject: 24.0.50; flyspell broken in emacs24
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 17:18:19 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

flyspell-mode fail when i set 

,----
| (setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")
| (setq ispell-local-dictionary "francais")
`----

,----
| Enabling Flyspell mode gave an error
`----

It work fine when i use it in emacs -Q with no setting but fail if i
want to switch to english (en).

It work fine also in emacs-23.2 with same setting.

I think the bug is located somewhere in ispell.

In emacs -Q:

M-x flyspell-mode
==> Ok i have flyspell with french language.

M-x ispell-change-dictionary

,----
| Debug on Error enabled globally
| Starting new Ispell process [default] ...
| Ispell process killed
| Local Ispell dictionary set to en
| Starting new Ispell process [en] ...
| Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable args)
`----

,----
| Debugger entered--entering a function:
| * ispell-change-dictionary("en" nil)
|   call-interactively(ispell-change-dictionary t nil)
|   execute-extended-command(nil)
|   call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
`----

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2010-09-06 on tux
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--program-suffix=-emacs-24' '--infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-24' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib' '--without-compress-info' '--with-sound' '--with-x' '--without-gconf' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xpm' '--with-imagemagick' '--with-xft' '--without-libotf' '--without-m17n-flt' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--without-hesiod' '--without-kerberos' '--without-kerberos5' '--with-gpm' '--with-dbus' 'build_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-march=i686 -pipe -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
o r : <return> <return> <f2> f C-h e M-> <up> <up> 
C-SPC C-e M-w C-x b <return> C-y <return> <return> 
T h i s SPC i s SPC r e c e n t SPC i SPC t h i n k 
, SPC t h i s SPC e r r o r SPC a p p e a r SPC w i 
t h SPC t h i s SPC s e t t i n g : <return> <return> 
C-y M-y <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-SPC C-e <f7> 
q r <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-a C-SPC 
C-n C-n <f7> q r <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <return> 
W o r k SPC f i n e SPC i n SPC e m a c s - 2 3 . 2 
SPC w i t h SPC s a m e SPC s e t t i n g <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-x C-o <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> 
C-e . <return> <return> W o r k SPC f i n e SPC i n 
SPC e m a c s SPC - Q SPC w i t h SPC n o SPC s e t 
t i n g C-c C-k y <down> <down> C-SPC C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-g <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-S-n 
C-S-n C-S-n C-S-n C-S-n C-S-n C-S-n C-S-n C-S-n C-S-n 
C-S-n C-S-n C-g M-x r e p o r t - <return>

Recent messages:
Mark set [6 times]
Auto-saving...done
Auto-saving...done
Message modified; kill anyway? (y or n) 
Mark set
Quit
Mark set
Collecting symbols...done
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/home/thierry/elisp/AC/auto-complete hides /home/thierry/elisp/auto-complete
/home/thierry/elisp/subversion/psvn hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/subversion/psvn
~/elisp/g-client/json hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/json
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sha1 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/sha1
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/home/thierry/elisp/emms/lisp/tq hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(flyspell ispell shadow epa-mail gnus-fun emacsbug gnus-cite smiley
mail-extr gnus-ml sb-emacswiki sb-rss nnrss nnfolder nnml nndraft nnmh
netrc gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-cache
gnus-demon gnus-namazu gnus-dired nnshimbun shimbun luna eword-encode
eword-decode std11 mel path-util mime-def mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces
pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom poe gnus-bcklg spam spam-stat bbdb-com
bbdb gnus-uu yenc gnus-msg gnus-alias w3m-form w3m-cookie w3m-tabmenu
w3m-session xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate dvc-annotate xgit-log
dvc-bookmarks xhg-dvc xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log vc-rcs align-let
server finder-inf package google-maps google-maps-static
google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json simple-call-tree
el-expectations el-mock csv2org iedit eieio-base eieio zop-to-char
elscreen-server elscreen-dired elscreen-w3m mule-util alist pym static
apel-ver product elscreen undo-tree smallurl mm-url xml-weather
rectangle-utils auto-document eiv tv-utils eldoc pcvs pcvs-parse
pcvs-info pcvs-defs init-anything-thierry descbinds-anything
anything-ipython shell-history anything-complete
anything-show-completion anything-etags anything-match-plugin etags
anything-traverse anything-delicious anything-mercurial
addressbook-bookmark bzr-core cg-core xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core
xmtn-minimal tla smerge-mode dvc-state dvc-config dvc-diff dvc-fileinfo
diff dvc-cmenu dvc-about dvc-version dvc-revlist uniquify
anything-config w3m-bookmark rx anything firefox-protocol
bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions bookmark install-elisp
find-func mb-depth autodoc ioccur traverselisp thumb-page moz cl-info
slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl slime
apropos hideshow hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads boxquote rect
image-file tramp-imap tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache
tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp tramp-compat trampver newsticker
newst-treeview newst-plainview newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend
ledger pcomplete esh-arg esh-util lpr woman man assoc two-column
shell-command em-term term ehelp electric esh-toggle em-xtra flymake
pdbtrack pycomplete pymacs ipython python-mode info-look ansi-color
executable shell no-word regex-tool whitespace htmlfontify paren time
dired-tar compile dired-extension image-dired dired-details yaoddmuse
skeleton sgml-mode emms-mpd-config emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client xml parse-time
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode
emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file emms-player-simple emms-setup emms
emms-compat winner dvc-init bzr-gnus tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view smime password-cache dig dvc-gnus
tla-core pp tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher dvc-unified
dvc-tips dired-x dired-aux ffap ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind
ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads dvc-core
dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc
dvc-defs dvc-site psvn log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode htmlize-hack
htmlize muse-colors muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo
muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start
cus-load muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse
muse-nested-tags muse-mode muse-autoloads org-config-thierry org-crypt
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew
org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap org-capture org-mks remember org-remember org-datetree
org byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile ob-emacs-lisp ob-keys
ob-comint comint ring ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob org-footnote
org-src org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline
outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs config-w3m w3m browse-url
doc-view jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl
ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util mime-w3m w3m-load recentf
tree-widget savehist epa-file epa derived epg epg-config auth-source
dired gnus-async nntp gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group time-date gnus-undo
nnmail mail-source format-spec gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message sendmail regexp-opt rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit info easymenu usage-memo desktop
punycode idna basic-theme edmacro kmacro eev-thierry iterator eev-all
eev-mini-steps eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose eev-glyphs
disp-table eev-insert eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode advice
help-fns advice-preload cl cl-19 site-gentoo w3m-wget preview-latex
tex-site auto-loads tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Thierry Volpiatto
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997