Subject: bug#69924: closed ([PATCH 00/49] gnu: Astronomy 2024/02 updates.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 15:12:01 +0000

Your bug report

#69924: [PATCH 00/49] gnu: Astronomy 2024/02 updates.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69924: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69924
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: [PATCH 00/49] gnu: Astronomy 2024/02 updates.
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 15:11:26 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Pushed as 96e6c1ef28..b0b9d757a7 to master.

--
Oleg

Subject: [PATCH 00/49] gnu: Astronomy 2024/02 updates.
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 22:24:46 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix!

I'm glad to provide patch series for Astronomy 2024/03 updates.

This month includes 29 updates, 5 tests speed up (about 6x times faster), 8
new packages and a few minor modifications.

The series places a basement for including python-yt [1] of v4.2.2. The latest
version requires Cython>=3.0.3 which is not available in Guix yet.

I need to update python-more-itertools to v10.2.0 in python-team branch to
pass the build of python-yt A task for the next cycle as it's update involves
1242 packages to be rebuilt.

- [1] https://yt-project.org/ a package for analyzing and visualizing volumetric data,

Build stats:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> ./pre-inst-env guix build calcmysky python-asdf python-asdf-astropy
  python-asdf-compression python-asdf-standard python-asdf-zarr python-astroplan
  python-astropy-iers-data python-astroquery python-blosc python-cdflib
  python-cmyt python-crds python-dask python-distributed python-drizzle
  python-ewah-bool-utils python-ginga python-glymur python-gwcs python-hvpy
  python-nose-exclude python-partd python-pydantic-settings python-pynbody
  python-pytest-arraydiff python-pytest-doctestplus python-pytest-examples
  python-pytest-filter-subpackage python-pyvo python-radiospectra
  python-specutils python-stcal python-stdatamodels python-suntime python-zarr
  splash

/gnu/store/6csb9rkf12hg37xmixvq3p6hr3pv4zzz-splash-3.10.3
/gnu/store/gak55qj3zvh4nfvdpvj91ryk0ffrxnzn-python-zarr-2.17.1
/gnu/store/l3iqzifgrp4ikvdf6pj1vsdjyphs1pc9-python-suntime-1.3.2
/gnu/store/yyydzq9ps0x0lyzqxx1xniq937fn4qb3-python-stdatamodels-1.10.0
/gnu/store/dg2j6y6jsckysp6jp94nqdsqcvw5vigl-python-stcal-1.6.1
/gnu/store/jcyryp4rf9fssnmsq3s2fh1qn05x2ipq-python-specutils-1.13.0
/gnu/store/fg9m0fpr18jmvzp6qwbcccdi56y8y9dn-python-radiospectra-0.5.0
/gnu/store/d29ds5w5kzvrdhq5gwz49nmpx0752v84-python-pyvo-1.5.1
/gnu/store/izs8bd415wpsr8b7fmnfgz0pyq930zyn-python-pytest-filter-subpackage-0.2.0
/gnu/store/592dd7z9m1q24gh0vmc6g3sfdxlddwri-python-pytest-examples-0.0.10
/gnu/store/lsa16h2zm9rl0wpr7p9da5f9b16fm4mr-python-pytest-doctestplus-1.2.0
/gnu/store/mh5mlvngjbc0lgpdhvkfcf22gykhrjp9-python-pytest-arraydiff-0.6.1
/gnu/store/j7iz6vrz67yhmzq4i9999zj1smj89kfh-python-pynbody-1.6.0
/gnu/store/5rvjai98yph38mr9hzr5cj36b4lnqcg6-python-pydantic-settings-2.2.1
/gnu/store/5m37mism260hij6mx9z4b606vz22dkfb-python-partd-1.2.0
/gnu/store/8arvnd7nswgswr4j45wfpi61791myh54-python-nose-exclude-0.5.0
/gnu/store/mhqpljvcdkhsdihqx590m967ykyj2ry6-python-hvpy-1.1.0
/gnu/store/s6x5svi7kdq296cssxwqcnhgzpxf7gy2-python-gwcs-0.21.0
/gnu/store/y0fx7jjqlmmhjhiar06nrvwgmggiam32-python-glymur-0.12.9
/gnu/store/nhc1m5ll94nncc60yl5wrxfmhf0fjmmp-python-ginga-5.0.0
/gnu/store/wcqa4viszn1f9rk4xh63w2f8l0nrwbrv-python-ewah-bool-utils-1.1.0
/gnu/store/b8c8s98kz1mql5ycpilv4pbf7b2xa2cj-python-drizzle-1.15.1
/gnu/store/zj3ikp853mlpnbbhsqlfk2ynrkbdbqa1-python-distributed-2023.7.0
/gnu/store/q6x1r63hqm4jd7nj4pwcsk1j8l7hfji9-python-dask-2023.7.0
/gnu/store/p6zqpa4nr6h37yaqvgjprwviay8g231c-python-crds-11.17.19
/gnu/store/pi5zpgnmx3kn2i0j4fgzdi0lm26v8gxq-python-cmyt-2.0.0
/gnu/store/s8jyypyjfhgv4f7jhzqkqq5srwln6hws-python-cdflib-1.2.6
/gnu/store/xvnzkccd0rliyindkmkqff31ba5aq75v-python-blosc-1.11.1
/gnu/store/x57ig7ja2r1q89a09ii7x9hcqhja0dwv-python-astroquery-0.4.7
/gnu/store/kq2wsj7lh5z164k6j1hi16138l010ip4-python-astropy-iers-data-0.2024.3.18.0.29.47
/gnu/store/piyaqjshcy1cs20binbaihn7fn9japz9-python-astroplan-0.9.1
/gnu/store/nazqcp2ijcr1vcbp6ww57wgx43dvvjxk-python-asdf-zarr-0.0.3
/gnu/store/593r1pgvqrbc25w19fggzl9raxj8lmdx-python-asdf-standard-1.1.1
/gnu/store/alk4siv7wcg6kckw8zb87njz1gbngfnx-python-asdf-compression-0.0.1-0.57cc7e7
/gnu/store/j137q7b6s53gwfajs21srdfwcqp06w61-python-asdf-astropy-0.6.0
/gnu/store/3ldncii2czhqnhwbirgnavangidfz17j-python-asdf-3.1.0
/gnu/store/pmxrw3xviiinyqii8wdvqb74jnli1bqj-calcmysky-0.3.2
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Dependent build stats:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> ./pre-inst-env guix refresh --list-dependent calcmysky python-asdf
  python-asdf-astropy python-asdf-compression python-asdf-standard
  python-asdf-zarr python-astroplan python-astropy-iers-data python-astroquery
  python-blosc python-cdflib python-cmyt python-crds python-dask
  python-distributed python-drizzle python-ewah-bool-utils python-ginga
  python-glymur python-gwcs python-hvpy python-nose-exclude python-partd
  python-pydantic-settings python-pynbody python-pytest-arraydiff
  python-pytest-doctestplus python-pytest-examples
  python-pytest-filter-subpackage python-pyvo python-radiospectra
  python-specutils python-stcal python-stdatamodels python-suntime python-zarr
  splash

  Building the following 34 packages would ensure 116 dependent packages are
  rebuilt: [email-masked] [email-masked]
  [email-masked]  [email-masked]
  [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
  [email-masked] [email-masked]
  [email-masked] [email-masked]
  [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
  [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
  [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
  [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
  [email-masked] [email-masked]
  [email-masked] [email-masked]
  [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
  [email-masked] [email-masked]

/gnu/store/kyqv6dra2x1w8ncv92ag56l79j0zana1-python-magic-impute-1.2.1
/gnu/store/86ir5mvssrpalq60sixqijs20qrr35i6-python-liana-py-0.1.9
/gnu/store/s8pr25467absf8xlg5mcbg2w7grhp0ng-python-ikarus-0.0.2
/gnu/store/maqx4c8y1mcpk5pqyhxycz5kjnr89fnb-scregseg-0.1.3
/gnu/store/3s67w1qg8xvqwq5iz85iiv6n766zjvhs-python-multivelo-0.1.2
/gnu/store/ygr013m84b5dihrdn38im32mgvw6xc8a-python-episcanpy-0.4.0
/gnu/store/narpps8awwgj0qi9x1b3h1sgi5gyk0p3-r-doubletcollection-1.1.0-1.c0d62f1
/gnu/store/673rvspqqc9pkdwha6n8szj0qgn6xp17-python-biom-format-2.1.12
/gnu/store/frhk1isndiszv70i6di2byfac90clgd4-python-demuxem-0.1.7
/gnu/store/yfjx9a00yspk5hyjdh79cdll4r424dzk-python-baltica-1.1.2
/gnu/store/d2spq6v9502v024q87q29dyhllsl6g02-python-cellbender-0.2.2
/gnu/store/m35jyyv0xnzbd0g7d69n4m9d7rxi2i8a-python-scikit-allel-1.3.5
/gnu/store/7hb7qb80rkkh07z5sl1pv1da3sd8920j-python-jwst-1.13.4
/gnu/store/hdqizxxn62kiad6p3iwxn32822nl97vm-python-astroalign-2.5.1
/gnu/store/fg9m0fpr18jmvzp6qwbcccdi56y8y9dn-python-radiospectra-0.5.0
/gnu/store/s92a8cl536bf6xxxya2x1lgddjjk0cm5-python-aplpy-2.1.0
/gnu/store/nazqcp2ijcr1vcbp6ww57wgx43dvvjxk-python-asdf-zarr-0.0.3
/gnu/store/d9d2l3iy8wqy860ffwsiig6qlnb10g30-ginga-qt5-5.0.0
/gnu/store/nhc1m5ll94nncc60yl5wrxfmhf0fjmmp-python-ginga-5.0.0
/gnu/store/piyaqjshcy1cs20binbaihn7fn9japz9-python-astroplan-0.9.1
/gnu/store/xn1cgf16xv1j8swl2yn0l50vnxdwi3kf-python-poliastro-0.17.0
/gnu/store/7576nwzrn2sbx3y25xsg1salla1pvp1p-python-cesium-0.12.1
/gnu/store/alk4siv7wcg6kckw8zb87njz1gbngfnx-python-asdf-compression-0.0.1-0.57cc7e7
/gnu/store/xfw2f3jigxbw25lk7vmzc2491g1vzhz8-python-pytorch-geometric-2.4.0
/gnu/store/a0x8hl2qv3zf2wzxwkm6007gc4j60xpn-python-sparse-0.14.0
/gnu/store/40nxhi9asixxlda020xrpqbjig01yipc-synapse-1.29.0
/gnu/store/ycw6bhvhymqp1k3qbgxl3rzip656ppcn-python-cooltools-0.5.1
/gnu/store/hz3b1l0ppv4ff8jn8s9l6sgj73wj7wjj-python-fanc-0.9.25
/gnu/store/yza59f62kv1zb3z65i3jbjv313ycd5sm-python-bulkvis-2.0.0-2.00a82a9
/gnu/store/34x56fkcmy38vv19qbmhrm6qqfc0l2r5-python-pandera-0.17.2
/gnu/store/wrdm8iaxc4qwsisyvqdh8pwg5wy1mjdf-python-vaex-core-4.13.0
/gnu/store/akdh7xl7jdq4vvknn06fval7j3h4nfqf-python-hicexplorer-3.7.2
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Introduced regression in tests:
- [email-masked]
- [email-masked]

Sharlatan Hellseher (49):
  gnu: calcmysky: Update to 0.3.2.
  gnu: splash: Update to 3.10.3.
  gnu: python-blosc: Move to python-compression.
  gnu: python-blosc: Simplify package.
  gnu: python-pytest-doctestplus: Update to 1.2.0.
  gnu: python-pytest-arraydiff: Update to 0.6.1.
  gnu: python-pytest-arraydiff: Enable tests.
  gnu: python-pytest-filter-subpackage: Update to 0.2.0.
  gnu: python-zarr: Update to 2.17.1.
  gnu: python-partd: Enable tests.
  gnu: python-zarr: Speed up tests.
  gnu: python-distributed: Speed up tests.
  gnu: python-dask: Speed up tests.
  gnu: python-stdatamodels: Speed up tests.
  gnu: python-glymur: Speed up tests.
  gnu: python-ginga: Update to 5.0.0.
  gnu: python-astropy-iers-data: Update to 0.2024.3.18.0.29.47.
  gnu: python-cdflib: Update to 1.2.6.
  gnu: python-cdflib: Enable all tests.
  gnu: python-asdf-unit-schemas: Update to 0.2.0.
  gnu: python-asdf-standard: Update to 1.1.1.
  gnu: python-asdf-transform-schemas: Update to 0.5.0.
  gnu: python-asdf: Update to 3.1.0.
  gnu: python-asdf-coordinates-schemas: Update to 0.3.0.
  gnu: python-asdf-wcs-schemas: Update to 0.4.0.
  gnu: python-asdf-astropy: Update to 0.6.0
  gnu: python-pyvo: Update to 1.5.1.
  gnu: python-astroquery: Update to 0.4.7.
  gnu: python-gwcs: Update to 0.21.0.
  gnu: python-drizzle: Update to 1.15.1.
  gnu: python-suntime: Update to 1.3.2.
  gnu: python-suntime: Refresh package style.
  gnu: python-radiospectra: Update to 0.5.0.
  gnu: python-glymur: Update to 0.12.9.
  gnu: python-specutils: Update to 1.13.0.
  gnu: python-stcal: Update to 1.6.1.
  gnu: python-stcal: Enable sanity check.
  gnu: python-stdatamodels: Update to 1.10.0.
  gnu: python-crds: Update to 11.17.19.
  gnu: python-pynbody: Update to 1.6.0.
  gnu: Add python-asdf-zarr.
  gnu: Add python-asdf-compression.
  gnu: Add python-astroplan.
  gnu: Add python-nose-exclude.
  gnu: Add python-ewah-bool-utils.
  gnu: Add python-cmyt.
  gnu: Add python-pytest-examples.
  gnu: Add python-pydantic-settings.
  gnu: python-hvpy: Update to 1.1.0.

 gnu/packages/astronomy.scm          | 403 +++++++++++++++++++++-------
 gnu/packages/check.scm              | 105 +++++++-
 gnu/packages/python-check.scm       |  34 ++-
 gnu/packages/python-compression.scm |  82 +++++-
 gnu/packages/python-science.scm     |  14 +-
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm         | 169 +++++++-----
 6 files changed, 621 insertions(+), 186 deletions(-)

base-commit: 66b20dc567ed9801ab55209fc412e4db92d7b0b0
-- 
2.41.0