Subject: bug#69922: arcan-sdl does not build

From: Skyler Ferris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 20:37:23 +0000

Hello,

While reviewing https://issues.guix.gnu.org/69866, I noticed that 
arcan-sdl is failing. I'm recording some notes from looking at the CI 
pages here.

The package started failing in March of 2023 
(https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=arcan-sdl%20spec:master&border-high-id=635295). 
Around that time it was failing due to dependencies. For example, in 
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/596808/details the (aarch64) vlc 
dependency failed while in https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/596793/details 
(i686) the tesseract-ocr dependency failed. Occassionally there are 
failures in the build of  arcan-sdl itself, for example 
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/1533757/details. In that case there is a 
compiler error.  Build failures become more common than depedency 
failures around July of 2023 
(https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=arcan-sdl%20spec:master&border-high-id=2028788). 
Starting in December of 2023, the build started failing due to the error 
"Could NOT find OpenGL (missing: OPENGL_openglLIBRARY)" 
(https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2818926/details). This is the error that 
is showing up in the build log today.

Regards,
Skyler