Subject: bug#69889: Rclone is 4 years outdated

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2025 09:37:05 +0000

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix describe
Generation 75   Feb 03 2025 21:37:27    (current)
  guix 2574ae3
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 2574ae3733637ead786fb3dc454369590794bc51

guix show rclone
name: rclone
version: 1.52.3
<...>
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

<2020-08-08> in Guix
<https://github.com/rclone/rclone/releases/tag/v1.52.3>

<2025-01-14> the current latest release
<https://github.com/rclone/rclone/releases/tag/v1.69.0>

The project changed the module of release and now ships vendor and source separatly:
- https://github.com/rclone/rclone/releases/download/v1.69.0/rclone-v1.69.0-vendor.tar.gz
- https://github.com/rclone/rclone/releases/download/v1.69.0/rclone-v1.69.0.tar.gz

It means we need to package all missing inputs before update to the
latest.

CC Leo for the second opinion if we may grab vendor and ingest it
during build and initiate packaging for the future to reduce amount of
vendored packages.

--
Oleg