Subject: [bug#69885] [PATCH] gnu: Add python-x-wr-timezone.

From: Skyler Ferris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 19:20:46 +0000

Hi Benjamin,

> +     '(#:phases (modify-phases %standard-phases
> +                  (delete 'sanity-check))

Could you elaborate on why it is necessary to remove this phase? I tried 
adding it back in and the package still built.

> +       #:tests? #f))

It looks like this is here because tests require 
python-icalendar>=5.0.11, correct? Could you update the existing package 
(note that it has 3 dependents which should be checked for compatibility 
in this case), or add a second package with the correct version instead 
of skipping the tests? I also tried the example from the x-wr-timezone 
README, and the icalendar.from_ical function it uses doesn't seem to 
exist on the 4.1.0 version of python-icalendar (or at least if it does, 
it is not provided by the top-level icalendar package, so I expect that 
this package would break). Note that the python-icalendar update should 
be in a separate commit that this one is based on.

Also a note about submissions: if it would be possible for you to use 
git send-email as described in the manual, this would make it easier for 
more reviewer to look at and so make it more likely that your patches 
are reviewed quickly. It is described in the section "Sending a Patch 
Series", but the instructions apply to single patches as well. 
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Sending-a-Patch-Series.html

Regards,
Skyler