Subject: bug#69870: closed (Re: bug#69870: 29.2; Simple fix for Motif "XtGrabPointer failed.")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 12:06:05 +0000

Your bug report

#69870: 29.2; Simple fix for Motif "XtGrabPointer failed."

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69870: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69870
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#69870: 29.2; Simple fix for Motif "XtGrabPointer failed."
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 15:05:35 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "Sparapani, Rodney" <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 19:50:14 +0800
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Ping!  Can we please make some progress with this issue?
> 
> I thought that I explained this problem in this report, and that Rodney
> has also found a workaround to his liking.  This behavior is network
> latency at work, compounded by certain deficiencies in the toolkit's
> implementation, which is not an issue that we are in any position to
> address.

Thanks, closing.

Subject: 29.2; Simple fix for Motif "XtGrabPointer failed."
From: "Sparapani, Rodney" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 15:39:16 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

--text follows this line--

For many years we had used LUCID scrollbars that didn't
work very well (so nobody was really using them).  Recently,
we switched to the Motif scrollbars that are much nicer.
However, there is an annoying menubar issue.  Often X-windows
emacs will freeze after emitting this on stderr when launched
from the command line...
$ emacs-29.2 &
$ Warning:
    Name: menubar
    Class: XmRowColumn
    XtGrabPointer failed.
Usually, this will lock-up emacs and you have to kill it from
the window manager which seems to be the only option available.
When there are unsaved files, you still get a prompt for that
so it is not a crash, but just very annoying.
However, I realized that this bug/feature had already been
addressed for LUCID scrollbars in lwlib/xlwmenu.c but that code
is inactive for Motif.  So the simple solution is to uncomment
this block from lines 2906 to 2913 for Motif as well...
//#ifdef emacs
  if (x_had_errors_p (display))
    {
      pointer_grabbed = 0;
      XtUngrabPointer ((Widget)mw, event->time);
    }
  x_uncatch_errors ();
//#endif

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, Motif Version 2.3.4,
cairo version 1.15.12) of 2024-03-18 built on gouda.biostat.mcw.edu
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101006
System Description: CentOS Linux 7 (Core)

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/usr/local/emacs/29.2 --with-x-toolkit=motif
--with-gnutls 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -mtune=native''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM MOTIF ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: C/*

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/rsparapa/.emacs.d/elpa/julia-mode-0.4/julia-mode-latexsubs hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/julia-mode-latexsubs
/home/rsparapa/.emacs.d/elpa/julia-mode-0.4/julia-mode hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/julia-mode
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-R/targets/test hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-markdown/targets/test
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-R/targets/melpa hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-markdown/targets/melpa
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-R/targets/melpa-init hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-markdown/targets/melpa-init
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-R/targets/local hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-markdown/targets/local
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-R/targets/lint hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-markdown/targets/lint
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-R/targets/checkdoc hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-markdown/targets/checkdoc
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-R/targets/test hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-noweb/targets/test
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-R/targets/melpa hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-noweb/targets/melpa
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-R/targets/melpa-init hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-noweb/targets/melpa-init
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-R/targets/local hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-noweb/targets/local
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-R/targets/lint hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-noweb/targets/lint
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-R/targets/checkdoc hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-noweb/targets/checkdoc
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-autoloads hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-autoloads
/home/rsparapa/.emacs.d/elpa/julia-mode-0.4/julia-mode hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/julia-mode
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/essd-els hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/essd-els
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-utils hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-utils
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-trns hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-trns
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-tracebug hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-tracebug
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-toolbar hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-toolbar
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-sp6-d hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-sp6-d
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-site hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-site
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-sas-l hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-sas-l
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-sas-d hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-sas-d
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-sas-a hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-sas-a
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-s-lang hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-s-lang
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-roxy hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-roxy
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-rdired hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-rdired
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-rd hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-rd
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-r-xref hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-r-xref
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-r-syntax hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-r-syntax
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-r-package hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-r-package
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-r-mode hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-r-mode
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-r-flymake hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-r-flymake
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-r-completion hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-r-completion
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-mode hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-mode
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-julia hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-julia
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-jags-d hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-jags-d
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-inf hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-inf
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-help hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-help
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-gretl hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-gretl
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-custom hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-custom
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-bugs-l hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-bugs-l
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-bugs-d hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/ess-bugs-d
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/targets/travis-install-package hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/targets/travis-install-package
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/targets/create-pkg-file hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/targets/create-pkg-file
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/test/ess-test
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-roxy hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/test/ess-test-roxy
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-rd hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/test/ess-test-rd
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/test/ess-test-r
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r-utils hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/test/ess-test-r-utils
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r-token hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/test/ess-test-r-token
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r-syntax hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/test/ess-test-r-syntax
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r-package hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/test/ess-test-r-package
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r-fontification hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/test/ess-test-r-fontification
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r-eval hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/test/ess-test-r-eval
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r-edit hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/test/ess-test-r-edit
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-org hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/test/ess-test-org
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-inf hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/test/ess-test-inf
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-indentation hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/test/ess-test-indentation
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/essd-els hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/essd-els
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-utils hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-utils
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-trns hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-trns
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-tracebug hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-tracebug
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-toolbar hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-toolbar
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-sp6-d hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-sp6-d
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-site hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-site
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-sas-l hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-sas-l
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-sas-d hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-sas-d
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-sas-a hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-sas-a
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-s-lang hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-s-lang
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-roxy hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-roxy
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-rdired hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-rdired
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-rd hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-rd
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-r-xref hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-r-xref
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-r-syntax hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-r-syntax
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-r-package hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-r-package
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-r-mode hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-r-mode
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-r-flymake hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-r-flymake
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-r-completion hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-r-completion
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-mode hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-mode
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-julia hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-julia
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-jags-d hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-jags-d
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-inf hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-inf
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-help hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-help
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-gretl hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-gretl
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-custom hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-custom
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-bugs-l hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-bugs-l
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/ess-bugs-d hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/ess-bugs-d
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/targets/travis-install-package hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/targets/travis-install-package
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/targets/create-pkg-file hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/targets/create-pkg-file
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/test/ess-test
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-roxy hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/test/ess-test-roxy
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-rd hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/test/ess-test-rd
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/test/ess-test-r
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r-utils hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/test/ess-test-r-utils
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r-token hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/test/ess-test-r-token
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r-syntax hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/test/ess-test-r-syntax
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r-package hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/test/ess-test-r-package
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r-fontification hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/test/ess-test-r-fontification
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r-eval hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/test/ess-test-r-eval
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-r-edit hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/test/ess-test-r-edit
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-org hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/test/ess-test-org
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-inf hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/test/ess-test-inf
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/test/ess-test-indentation hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/test/ess-test-indentation
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-markdown/targets/utils hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/polymode/template/targets/utils
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/polymode/targets/poly-targets hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/polymode/template/targets/poly-targets
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/obsolete/msdos hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/obsolete/msdos
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/obsolete/mouseme hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/obsolete/mouseme
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/obsolete/ess-r-a hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/obsolete/ess-r-a
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/obsolete/ess-mouse hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/obsolete/ess-mouse
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/obsolete/ess-font-lock hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/obsolete/ess-font-lock
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/obsolete/ess-eldoc hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0/lisp/obsolete/ess-eldoc
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/obsolete/msdos hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/obsolete/msdos
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/obsolete/mouseme hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/obsolete/mouseme
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/obsolete/ess-r-a hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/obsolete/ess-r-a
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/obsolete/ess-mouse hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/obsolete/ess-mouse
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/obsolete/ess-font-lock hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/obsolete/ess-font-lock
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/obsolete/ess-eldoc hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/ess-24.01.0-git/lisp/obsolete/ess-eldoc
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess-smart-equals/features/support/env hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/env
/usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/site-lisp/poly-R/targets/checkdoc hides /usr/local/emacs/29.2/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/checkdoc

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-hg vc-git
diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util
vc vc-dispatcher bug-reference ffap sh-script smie treesit executable
ess-font-lock ess-site ess-toolbar ess-jags-d ess-bugs-d ess-bugs-l
essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a ess-sp6-d doc-view filenotify
jka-compr image-mode exif tex-site auto-loads delsel recentf tree-widget
ps-print ps-print-loaddefs lpr dired-x dired dired-loaddefs tabbar
poly-R poly-markdown poly-noweb polymode poly-lock polymode-base
polymode-export polymode-weave polymode-compat advice polymode-methods
polymode-core polymode-classes eieio-custom wid-edit eieio-base
markdown-mode pcase color tsdh-dark-theme stan-snippets yasnippet
easy-mmode stan-mode derived stan-keywords-lists cc-langs cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs word-count ess-smart-equals cl-extra help-mode ess-r-mode
ess-r-flymake flymake-proc flymake warnings thingatpt ess-r-xref xref
ess-trns ess-r-package ess-r-completion ess-roxy ess-r-syntax ess-rd
noutline outline icons hideshow ess-s-lang ess-help info ess-mode
ess-inf ess-tracebug tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-compat rx shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date
format-spec ess lisp-mnt ess-utils ess-custom project compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color skeleton viper viper-cmd
viper-macs viper-ex viper-mous viper-keym viper-util ring viper-init
finder-inf julia-mode-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo motif x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 424569 26817)
(symbols 48 28141 0)
(strings 32 118699 4340)
(string-bytes 1 3377763)
(vectors 16 46213)
(vector-slots 8 675841 13032)
(floats 8 448 59)
(intervals 56 668 0)
(buffers 976 17)
(heap 1024 29898 1935))

--
Rodney Sparapani, Associate Professor of Biostatistics, He/Him/His
Vice President, Wisconsin Chapter of the American Statistical Association
Institute for Health and Equity, Division of Biostatistics
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Campus

If this is outside of working hours, then please respond when convenient.