Subject: bug#69865: 29.2; Can't instrument `org-babel-exp-results' with edebug

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2025 17:14:38 +0000

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Usually, we are more than happy to backport changes that span across
>> multiple Emacs libraries and happen to touch upon Org mode.
>> There is no reason to split such changes into multiple patches.
>> AFAIU, this discussion is an example of a change that fixes multiple
>> places; not just Org mode.
>>
>> Same for trivial changes, even if they only concern Org files.
>>
>> Non-trivial changes, as it is usually the case, may better be discussed
>> with maintainers of the files that are affected. In the case of Org
>> mode, CCing Org mailing list (preferred for the purposes of public
>> archiving), Org package maintainer, or relevant Org library maintainer,
>> is appropriate.
>
> Would it be worth documenting this in admin/MAINTAINERS?

I expect similar principles to apply to other externally developed Emacs
packages (e.g. Tramp) and even to internally developed - trivial changes
are applied freely while library maintainers are contacted before doing
non-trivial changes (note how admin/MAINTAINERS explicitly points to Org
mailing list). If you think that it is worth documenting this de-facto
convention, feel free. But I do not think that Org is any special in
this regard.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode maintainer,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>