Subject: Re: bug#69865: 29.2; Can't instrument `org-babel-exp-results' with edebug

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2025 09:21:00 +0000

Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I wouldn't install anything more substantial as it's better to take
>> that with the Org developers first, but small bug fixes should be
>> fine, I think.
>>
>> I'm copying in Ihor, in case he has anything to add.
>
> Ihor's opinion is the more important one here, but, as the person who
> does the bulk of the porting from Emacs's to Org's tree, I agree with
> your position.  Of course it's a judgment call regarding what's a minor
> or simple enough change, but, worst case scenario, the Org side will see
> something that we think warrants more discussion and initiate it.

Usually, we are more than happy to backport changes that span across
multiple Emacs libraries and happen to touch upon Org mode.
There is no reason to split such changes into multiple patches.
AFAIU, this discussion is an example of a change that fixes multiple
places; not just Org mode.

Same for trivial changes, even if they only concern Org files.

Non-trivial changes, as it is usually the case, may better be discussed
with maintainers of the files that are affected. In the case of Org
mode, CCing Org mailing list (preferred for the purposes of public
archiving), Org package maintainer, or relevant Org library maintainer,
is appropriate.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode maintainer,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>