Subject: Re: bug#69833: 29.2; ERC 5.6-git: erc-dcc: Transmission of large (>500 MB) files hangs Emacs

From: Alcor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 10:38:30 +0100

"J.P." <[email-masked]> writes:

> This sounds similar to:
>
>   https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=54458
>
> If the solution from that bug doesn't suffice, can you provide an
> example (out of band if need be) of some file that induces this behavior
> when fetched?
>
> Thanks.

Yes, I can confirm the solution from that ticket (#54458) works. Using
"/dcc get -t", no problems are observed. Emacs remains responsive, and
the CPU usage during the transfer is slightly lower, too.

>From what I understood, this is more of sender-specific issue, which is
well-known. Let me know if a reproducible example is still needed, I can
arrange something and send it off-list if necessary.

PS: Sorry for the noise, I did a debbugs search for "erc dcc" beforehand
but it yielded no results.