Subject: [PATCH 1/3] build-system/go: Add subdir parameter to go-version->git-ref.

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2024 15:28:04 +0100

Hi,

Some feed back on the patches: when applied on go-team I could easily
import the full Restic dependencies tree it took about 30min to complete
as Guix missed nearly all packages for google cloud.

Mean while it was handy to use in IPFS/Kubo unbundling process where me
and Artyom in our leisure time try to pack all vendored dependencies.

The import of https://github.com/libp2p/go-libp2p recursivly produced
all 26 missing packages which I about to submit soon!

As a side note, it's not the first proposal of that kind, please see:

- <2021-12-07> guix import go error <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/52362>
  by Stephen Webber <[email-masked]>

- <2023-04-21> Go importer doesn't know MODULE/vX.Y version tags
  <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/63001> by Timo Wilken <[email-masked]>

- <2023-05-22> [PATCH 0/2] Fix annoyance with "guix import go"
  <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/63647> by Simon Tournier
  <[email-masked]>

- <2023-06-12> [PATH] fix a bug on importing go packages.
  <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/64035>,
  <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/64036> by Elbek

May we come to some consensus and apply some median patch including all
proposals and fixing the currently issue with import golang modules with
subdirs?

--
Oleg