Subject: [bug#69827] [PATCH 1/3] build-system/go: Add subdir parameter to go-version->git-ref.

From: Christina O'Donnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 13:04:24 +0100

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for having a look at this!

I don't believe you copied me in the last email so I didn't see your 
email when it went out.

 > Just a clarifying question. Do we definitely need to know
 > anything about the folder structure where go.mod governs the
 > module definition?

 > There is an API https://pkg.go.dev/ where the most of go projects
 > are registered, would it be easier just query it directly?

pkg.go.dev gets its sources from proxy.golang.org, and pkg.go.dev 
focuses mainly on building and hosting documentation [1]. It doesn't 
expose an API for fetching version info [2].

We're already querying proxy.golang.org to get the latest version, and 
that response contains information about the sub-directory and git tag, 
so we may as well use it.

Kind regards,

Christina

[1] https://pkg.go.dev/about
[2] https://pkg.go.dev/cmd/api