Subject: Re: bug#69815: [PATCH] Fix some CSS issues on elpa.gnu.org

From: john muhl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 10:33:41 -0500

Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:

> john muhl <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I looked into it some more and at least some of the invalid HTML
>> is generated by Org’s HTML export but they don’t consider that a
>> bug so I guess quirks mode is here to stay and the DOCTYPE patch
>> can be discarded.
>
> I think that could be something worth reporting to the org maintainers,
> unless you have already done so?

I asked. It’s caused by authors not understanding how the
‘#+html:’ construct works and using to attempt to hide things in
the HTML output like:

  #+html: <!--
  more org stuff here
  #+html: -->

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2024-03/msg00520.html