Subject: Re: bug#69809: 30.0.50; flymake: error in process sentinel

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2024 10:07:30 +0100

On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 9:20 AM João Távora <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 7:12 AM Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > > Yes, this seems good for emacs-30.  Thanks Eshel!
> > Great, thanks.  Since this is a change in eglot.el, let me also ask João
> > before installing: João, any objections to the change above?
>
> I'd like to understand what problem it is solving.

I've read a bit of the thread.  There seems to be an error involved,
but I didn't see a backtrace for this error.  Can someone produce it?

There's also some conjecture about interference related to
eglot-ensure.  Is it_only_ related to `eglot-ensure`?  How?

This part of Eglot is extremely delicate. I spent many hours making
sure the checks start only when they should, results of previous checks
are properly erased, etc.  This is because the Eglot Flymake backend
doesn't real work like other backends in that it cannot issue an order
to the LSP server (at least in most servers it can't) to provide diagnostics.

So I need to understand the problem and its impact in detail.

João