Subject: 30.0.50; The ert test selection prompt does not accept all selectors

From: Ola x Nilsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 00:06:40 +0100

While running ert interactively, it is not possible to enter a space
characte at the `ert-run-tests-interactively' selection prompt.  This
makes it impossible to use the `member', `eql', `and', `or', `not',
`tag' and `satifies' selectors from the prompt except by yanking them.

This is a probably a consequence of the shift to `completing-read' in
3dab0a832c6b back in 2013.

I have verified that this is the case also in emacs -Q.

/Ola

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.20, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-03-12 built on lap5cg80647hz
Repository revision: a7a37341cad230448e487d0ffa343eeeb8a66a65
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --with-mailutils
 --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ERT-Results

Minor modes in effect:
  tracking-mode: t
  buffer-positions-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  hes-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/olani/emacs-packages/cov/cov hides /home/olani/.emacs.d/elpa-lap5cg80647hz-30.0.50/cov-20231007.254/cov
/home/olani/.emacs.d/elpa-lap5cg80647hz-30.0.50/hydra-0.15.0/lv hides /home/olani/.emacs.d/elpa-lap5cg80647hz-30.0.50/lv-20200507.1518/lv
/home/olani/.emacs.d/elpa-lap5cg80647hz-30.0.50/transient-20240311.1638/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow mail-extr shortdoc conf-bitbake-mode-test bitbake-test testcover
edebug bblint let-alist bitbake bitbake-mmm bitbake-compat
bitbake-mmm-test bitbake-functions-test bitbake-font-lock-test faceup
bitbake-ff-test bitbake-ff grep find-file bitbake-build-dir-test
bitbake-build-dir bitbake-functions bb-test-common ert-x emacsbug ol-eww
eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range ol-docview
doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi sort dabbrev yaml-mode jka-compr help-fns json-mode rect
mule-util git-rebase wid-edit descr-text misearch multi-isearch
circe-color-nicks circe lui-irc-colors irc gnutls lcs lui-logging
lui-format lui tracking shorten flyspell ispell circe-compat
coan-magit-functions flycheck-checkbashisms mmm-sh-here-doc mmm-mode
mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region sh-script smie executable coan cl
conf-bitbake-mode goto-addr vc-git vc vc-dispatcher gerrit-buttons
magit-extras coan-magit-gerrit magit-gerrit face-remap coan-magit
magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
git-commit log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor
comp comp-cstr magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base magit-section
cursor-sensor crm dired-aux coan-dired checkdoc coan-elisp advice
skeleton autoload delete-trailing-whitespace-mode comp-run comp-common
init highlight-escape-sequences woman man ob-dot anaphora groovy-mode
dired-rainbow dired-hacks-utils dired dired-loaddefs server autoinsert
mmm-sample mmm-auto mmm-vars mmm-utils mmm-compat t32-auto coan-list
midnight desktop frameset python treesit rustic-flycheck
rustic-spellcheck rustic-expand rustic-lsp rustic-playground
rustic-rustfix rustic-racer etags fileloop rustic-babel rustic-rustfmt
org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree generator org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
org-compat org-macs rustic-comint rustic-clippy rustic-doc f
rustic-popup rustic-cargo rustic-compile spinner derived s xterm-color
markdown-mode color noutline outline rustic-interaction rustic
rust-utils rust-mode rust-prog-mode rust-common rust-rustfmt dash eglot
external-completion jsonrpc xref diff diff-mode ert pp ewoc debug
backtrace flycheck-flawfinder flycheck-cstyle flycheck find-func
bug-reference git-modes gitignore-mode gitconfig-mode conf-mode
gitattributes-mode compat flymake-git-whitespace flymake project compile
text-property-search thingatpt edmacro kmacro coan-30.0.50-autoloads
bitbake-modes-autoloads loaddefs-gen lisp-mnt radix-tree tramp-sh
whitespace which-func imenu warnings icons exec-path-from-shell cl-extra
time avoid autorevert filenotify use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf coan-system tramp trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-message help-mode tramp-compat xdg shell
pcomplete comint ansi-osc ring parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec
ansi-color tramp-loaddefs anaphora-autoloads buttercup-autoloads
circe-autoloads closql-autoloads cmake-mode-autoloads cov-autoloads
darkroom-autoloads debbugs-autoloads debian-el-autoloads
dired-rainbow-autoloads dired-hacks-utils-autoloads
dpkg-dev-el-autoloads dts-mode-autoloads edit-server-autoloads
elquery-autoloads emacsql-autoloads erc-hl-nicks-autoloads
excorporate-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads
flycheck-checkbashisms-autoloads flycheck-cstyle-autoloads
flycheck-flawfinder-autoloads flycheck-mypy-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
fsm-autoloads ghub-autoloads git-gutter-autoloads git-modes-autoloads
git-timemachine-autoloads graphql-mode-autoloads
graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads groovy-mode-autoloads
highlight-defined-autoloads highlight-escape-sequences-autoloads
hydra-autoloads json-mode-autoloads kconfig-mode-autoloads lv-autoloads
macrostep-autoloads magit-gerrit-autoloads magit-imerge-autoloads
magit-autoloads pcase git-commit-autoloads magit-popup-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads meson-mode-autoloads mmm-mode-autoloads
mu4e-alert-autoloads ht-autoloads alert-autoloads log4e-autoloads
gntp-autoloads ninja-mode-autoloads ob-restclient-autoloads
org-re-reveal-autoloads htmlize-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads
epl-autoloads pycoverage-autoloads repo-autoloads restclient-autoloads
rustic-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads s-autoloads sass-mode-autoloads haml-mode-autoloads
scss-mode-autoloads sed-mode-autoloads spinner-autoloads
ssh-config-mode-autoloads transient-autoloads treepy-autoloads
tuareg-autoloads rx caml-autoloads url-http-ntlm-autoloads
url-http-oauth-autoloads url-auth web-mode-autoloads info
with-editor-autoloads with-simulated-input-autoloads wordel-autoloads
xterm-color-autoloads yaml-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib early-init rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 935776 162103) (symbols 48 61853 3)
 (strings 32 291237 13865) (string-bytes 1 8358736) (vectors 16 89550)
 (vector-slots 8 1912175 180084) (floats 8 673 8201)
 (intervals 56 21999 1711) (buffers 984 68))