Subject: bug#69795: 29.1; cmdproxy.exe exits automatically after executing MSYS2 commands

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 01:12:18 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nothing jumps out as an obvious problem, but you did say that setting
> PATH affects this?  How does it affect the problem?  Is there a recipe
> where you invoke GDB with a different PATH, and don't see "Process
> shell finished" after exiting GDB?  If so, can you show a recipe with
> that different PATH?

Simply skipping PATH settings, cmdproxy.exe continues normally after
quitting c:\msys64\mingw64\bin\gdb.exe(full path needed.)

> Btw, why do you add these directories to PATH in the first place?  The
> second one is a directory with MSYS executables, so why do you need it
> for running GDB?  The first one is for MinGW64 executables, but since
> you invoke GDB via n explicit absolute file name, you don't need to
> add the directory to PATH.

If I decide to use MSYS environment generally, those directories are
added to system PATH setting and emacs implicitly refers to the value.
In such case, I will call gdb without directory prefix.
But currently it is problematic and I am likely to search for another
gdb binary.